08/12/2009

Dante : Q&A



Proper Songs chats with Australian artist Dante, discovered via No Pain In Pop.

PS: Tell everyone a bit about yourself and what you're up to.
Well, at the moment I'm living in the Adelaide hills working on finishing up an ep that's been in the works for a while now. I'm also a Compositor/Animator, currently working on a music video for one of the songs off the new ep. I've been in a band BrotherSister for the last few years but I'm starting to focus more now on solo stuff.

PS: As photos on your Myspace show, you have a passion for real instruments and vintage equipment. How does this influence your creative process and sound?
Yeah, I try and get my hands on as much nice old gear as i can, new gear as well, I think even with software having something unfamiliar to play around with always helps when writing new material.

PS: Your music has a distinctly cinematic quality to it, which film would you like to soundtrack and why?
Hmm, not sure about that one, I love the Dancer In The Dark soundtrack, I don't think I'd be wanting to do a musical though, maybe redo something like Storm Boy, that'd be fun!

PS: As we're approaching the end of the year, what's been your highlight and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
Highlight would probably be playing at a big festival here 'Parklife' with my other band, that was a lot of fun, got to watch a heap of great bands side of stage. Looking forward to finally getting my next ep out and to start working on new stuff!

PS: Give us a top 5 of something.
Hot weekend essentials!
1. Waterhole
2. Coffee/beer
3. Skateboard/fishing rod
4. Fruit
5. Scooter

MP3s:
Reb ib
Denwens